Thursday, July 2, 2015

New Way to Eat or Should Say DRINK Chips and Salsa

Sandi loves to juice and this is her unique spin on Chips and Salsa for those who might be juicing during the 4th of July Holiday Weekend OR if you want a great Bloody Mary Mix this is IT!
6 Ears of Corn (cut the kernels off)
3 Bell Peppers
6 Tomatoes (can use Roma... I used Beef Steak)
3 jalapeno peppers (start with a little and add to your taste)
4 green onion stalks (I add the bulbs as well)
1 clove of garlic
3 limes (peeled)
Now what Salsa is without Cilantro? So my twist is 1 handful of cilantro.

Now I know you are thinking HOW in the world are you going to juice kernels of corn? Well, my niece gave me a hint that made it so simple and easy. Turn off your juicer.
Place your corn kernels into the food shoot.
Place the plunger in and THEN turn the juicer on.
You will need to do this each time you empty your food shoot but it works...I promise you! You will get the most amazing Corn Milk!


After you "juice" your corn then follow with the rest of your produce. As my niece warned me, I will warn you... Don't take a single sip of the corn milk or there will be none left for your salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment